Model R16 Junior
The Model R16 Junior is a stripped down and streamlined single pickup "Junior" version of the Model R16.
If you'd like to customize a Junior guitar beyond the options listed here that is fantastic. In this case please refer to the options and pricing for the standard Model R16 or Model R16 Semi Hollow.
Ships in a Mono M80 Sleeve.
To get an exact price and build time, email directly at James@GronlundGuitars.com
Base price of $2500.
- Neck Carve: There are five neck carve options listed below. The measurements listed are thickness specs from the top of the fretboard to the backside of the neck at both the first fret and the 12th fret.
- Fattest Vintage No Taper C Profile: 1.00" thick
- Extra Fat Vintage C Profile: .920" at the 1st fret to 1.00" at the 12th
- 59' C Profle: .860" at 1st fret tapered to .960" at 12th
- Medium C Profile: .830" at 1st fret tapered to .920" at 12th
- SlimTaper C Profile: .800" at 1st fret tapered to .875" at 12th
- Pickup: Your choice from McNelly, Mojo, Lollar, Novak, and TV Jones.
- Gloss Black
- Matte Black
- Gloss Black 3 Ply: Black/White/Black
- White 3 Ply White/Black/White
- Tortoise 3 Ply: Tortoise/White/Black
- Red Tortoise 3 Ply: Red Tortoise/White Black
- Genuine Celluloid Nitrate Tortoise. Thick single ply (Add $60)
- Genuine Celluloid Nitrate Tortoise. Thick single ply "Autumn Sunset" (Add $60)
- Control Knobs: Telecaster barrel knobs standard. Or any knob of your choice.
- ABM 3021n featherweight aluminum compensated vintage style wraparound. Nickel finish. Made in Germany.
- Schroeder straight back lightweight aluminum wraparound bridge with brass saddles. Choice of Nickel (Add $75), Chrome (Add $75), Aged Nickel (Add $100), Gold (Add $115) or Gun Black (Add 125).
- Body Binding:
- No binding. Rounded edges.
- Black (Add $50)
- White (Add $50)
- Cream (Add $50)
- Laminated White/Black/White (Add $50)
- Laminated Black/White/Black (Add $50)
- Tortoise (Add $50)
- Red Tortoise (Add $50)
- Checkerboard Black/White (Add $75)
- Esquire style 3 way switching (Add $100): This 3 way switch is much like the 3 way switching found on many vintage Esquires. Position one omits the tone control, position 2 includes the tone control, and position 3 selects a preset fixed tone what is much like a half set wah pedal.
- Finish: Below are two nitrocellulose lacquer finish options followed by color choices.
- Open Grain Satin
This is a thin satin nitrocellulose finish that has a very natural, beautiful and minimalist look/feel and is well protective. The natural wood grain is left unfilled and can be felt by hand. No extra charge for this finish.
- Closed Top Grain Satin
This finish is very much like the above listed "Open Grain Satin" finish with the exception that the top wood and headstock face are mirror flat with filled grain. The back, sides and neck remain open grain satin. Add $100 for this finish.
Color options: Any of the following colors are possible!
Natural, Sunburst, Vintage Amber, Cherry Red, TV Yellow, Arctic White, Candy Apple Red, Blonde, Butterscotch Blonde, Butterscotch, Black, Copper Tone Metallic, Daphne Blue, Dakota Red, Desert Tan '55, Desert Tan '59, Fiesta Red, Ice Blue Metallic, Inca Silver, Lake Placid Blue Metallic,
Mary Kaye White, Ocean Turquoise, Olympic White, Shell Pink, Sea Foam Green, Sherwood Green, Shoreline Gold Metallic, Sonic Blue, Surf Green, Vintage Cream, Midnight Wine, Gold Top Gold, Pelham Blue, Cadillac Green, ReRanch Coral, Gorilla Vanilla, ReRanch Orange, Orang Orange, Crown Royal Purple, Smoke Green
- Body Wood: Mahogany
- Body Construction: Solid Body
- Scarf Jointed Neck Wood: Hard Maple
- Fretboard Wood: Pau Ferro
- Nut Width/Material: 1 11/16" Bone
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Scale Length: 24.75" standard.
- Tuning Keys: Kluson Diecast Locking Tuners 19:1 Ratio
- Electronics: 1 Volume Control and 1 Tone Control. Switchcraft and CTS components with Orange Drop tone capacitor
- Inlay: 3/32" white or black face dots
- Fretwire: Jescar FW47095 standard.
- Truss Rod: Double action
- Neck to Body Joint: Set Neck